Updating your horse's AQHA registration certificate isn't required when your last name changes, but here's how to do it.
If your last name has changed, you can contact AQHA to change your name on your membership account, which will update on the ownership records of your horses. You are not required to update your horses’ registration certificates. If you are competing with your horse and want to update your horse's certificate, send the original registration certificate, along with a signed statement requesting the information be updated on the certificate and in AQHA's records. The replacement certificate fee is $20.
- What is required to complete a transfer?
- How do I change my horse's registered name? Is there a form/fee?
- How do I update my certificate if my horse has been gelded?
- How do I update my certificate if my horse has been branded?
- How do I request a new registration certificate if my registration certificate was lost or destroyed?