These are the conditions under which an American Quarter Horse's parentage must be verified.
Parentage verification is required if:
- Your horse's sire or dam was under the age of 2 at the time a foal was conceived.
- Your horse was the result of embryo/oocyte transfer.
- Your horse was conceived by the use of frozen semen or cooled semen that was transported.
- Your horse is more than 48 months of age at the time the application for registration is received by AQHA.
- Your horse's dam was exposed to more than one stallion within a 30-day time period.
- Your horse has excessive white markings, as specified in Rule REG109.8.
- Your horse is foaled after January 1, 2007, and is a descendant of the stallion Impressive 0767246 (see Rule REG109.3.3).
- Your horse is going to be raced.
- Your weanling is going to be entered in an AQHA world championship show.
- The AQHA Executive Committee deems parentage verification is necessary.
- Can you register a horse without knowing the sire and dam?
- How do I register a foal with AQHA?
- How do I register an older horse?